Brake failure is one of the most common reasons for road accidents. Therefore, you must rest assured that brakes in your vehicle always function properly. However, determining whether or not brakes are functioning properly can be challenging. Given that we are elaborating in this post early signs of brake failure.
Let’s uncover them to make sure your brakes are always in good condition.
- Grinding or Squealing Noise – If you hear high-pitched noise every time you brake, getting them checked out straight away is important. Such noise means the sound is coming from any brakes in your vehicle. Brake pads may be worn out. This usually happens for two reasons. First, some brake pads create a grinding or squealing noise. This indicates that brake pads are getting low. The noise could be a warning system. Second, brake pads become so thin that metal starts grinding on metal.
- Slow Vehicle Speed – Is your vehicle taking time to slow down when you apply brakes? It means your brakes are not functioning properly and may lead to failure. This could be dangerous. It can cause you to face criminal charges in case of an accident. So, you should visit a car mechanic to get them repaired.
- Steering Wheel Jolts – Are you experiencing steering wheel jolts whenever you stop the vehicle? Chances are that there are problems with your brake. The jolt can be due to problems with the brake rotors. Usually, rotors become deformed over a course of time. We usually neglect the early signs of this. Once you experience ‘jolting’, you should understand that your rotors are on their way out and need replacing.
- Wheels Smoke – Take your car to a reliable car repair shop in Mississauga in case wheels smoke once the vehicle stops. This could be an indication that the brakes have some issues which may cause brake failure. They have worn down completely. In such a case, stop driving your car even to a repair shop. Instead, have it picked up straight away.
- Car Pulls When Braking – If your car pulls in the right or left direction when you apply brakes, this can be another issue in one or more wheels. A very common issue is uneven wear of the brake pads. But, it can be worse if there are impurities in the brake fluid or a stuck brake cylinder.
Soft Brake Pedal – Has your brake pedal become harder than ever? Do you have to press the brake pedal farther down to apply brakes? This could be a cause of concern and is a sign of brake failure. Leaking brake fluid, worn brake pads or air in the brake lines are some of the common causes of this problem.
Car Repair Shop
Some people think that they can fix problems with brakes. But you should never repair brakes yourself. Visit a qualified car mechanic. It is good to find a reliable mechanic and make sure that the right parts are installed on your vehicle and in the right way.
Limitless Tire – The Place for Car Repair
If you are facing brake problems, bring your car to Limitless Tire right away. Our experienced mechanics will help you tackle your auto repair needs. We are experts in handling every report with accuracy and integrity. Whether you want services related to custom wheels, performance parts, brake failure, emissions testing, wheel alignment, batteries, check engine light, tire installation or rim repair, Limitless Tire is a one-stop solution. We provide quality services and maintain the life of your vehicle.